Partnering with you in overcoming challenges
to get back to living life the way you want to
Depression Counselling Singapore
Are you feeling overwhelmed, sad, or hopeless? Are you struggling to find joy in activities that used to bring you joy? If so, you may be experiencing symptoms of depression.
Depression is a common, but serious, mental health condition that can have a major impact on your daily life. But there is hope. At Sylvia Tan Psychology Consultancy, we offer depression counselling to help you cope with your symptoms and improve your overall wellbeing.
We use a variety of evidence based therapeutic approaches to help you overcome your depression and develop the skills you need to lead a more fulfilling and joyful life.
Don’t let depression control your life any longer. Take the first step towards recovery and contact our practice today to schedule an appointment. Together, we can work towards improving your mental health and helping you live the life you deserve.
Symptoms of Depression
- Persistent feelings of sadness, emptiness, or hopelessness
- Frequent anger outbursts, irritability, frustration
- Losing interest or pleasure in the things you used to enjoy
- Sleep disturbances, insomnia, sleeping too much
- Loss of appetite or increased craving for food and sudden weight gain
- Lack of energy, fatigue
- Slowed thinking, speaking or body movements
- Brain fog, difficulty concentrating, difficulty in making decision or remembering things
- Feelings of worthlessness, guilt, self blame, regret, focused on past failures
- Anxiety, agitation, restlessness
- Psychosomatic symptoms like stomach aches, body pains, headaches
Treatment for Depression
Depression is treatable. Depending on the severity of depression, a combination of psychotropic medication and psychotherapy can help.
If depression is not too severe, talk therapy on its own can also treat depression. At Sylvia Tan Psychology, we use evidenced based therapy like Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Internal Family Systems Therapy to treat depression.
To find out treatment option for depression, please contact us for an initial free 15 minutes phone consultation.
Sylvia Tan - Founder, Principal Counselling Psychologist, MPsych (SRP Registered)
Sylvia is a Counselling Psychologist practicing in Singapore. She holds a Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology from Curtin University of Technology ( Perth, Western Australia) and is currently a registered counselling psychologist and a clinical supervisor with the Singapore Register of Psychologists (SRP).
After her graduation in 2002, Sylvia lived and worked in Australia for many years before her relocation back to her home country Singapore in 2014. To date, Sylvia has over 20 years of experience working in a range of settings both in Australia and Singapore.
Get In Touch
Whatsapp or email us to book an appointment or schedule in for your free initial 15 minutes phone consultation.